By Winfield Townley Scott,Merle Armitage
From "a soiled hand":
Words are very strong. you are not convinced of that? think about every little thing you will not say.
- Wonderful comment in a be aware I had this week from William Carlos Williams. He pointed out the "disease" of eager to write poetry; acknowledged he were "off" poetry for lots of months and—he said—"I suppose fresh and unhappy."
- One explanation for conserving this sort of workstation: you could wear checklist the retort you could not reflect on ultimately night's party.
- Photographs of Henry James in his center years will be commented upon. long past is the shy aesthete of the younger portrait (by LaFarge?) . This bearded guy has a fierce glance, even a bestial one. here's perhaps-I do not know-James at his such a lot generative. back this guy disappears within the shaven, bald, ultimate James, the well-known James—the Grand Lama.
- I spotted whilst Lindsay (thirteen) learn aloud a passage from a looking e-book the opposite day he said "genital" as "genteel." i might like to see a literary historical past titled "The Genital Tradition."
- Contrast "business ethics" and the ethics of paintings. not anyone writes a poem hoping it's going to put on out in 4 or 5 years.
Between 1951 and 1966 the celebrated American poet Winfield Townley Scott stored a sequence of notebooks within which he set down his options on poetry, literature, the literary scene, and lifestyles often. almost immediately sooner than his premature loss of life in 1968 he made a range of the entries he proposal have been most sensible and gave it the name "a soiled hand." those perceptive notes, a few tart, a few light, a few boisterous, a few wistful, provide us a notable perception into the workings of his inventive brain. George P. Elliott has stated of Scott: "In a truly stable method, i believe he used to be as rock-bottom American a poet as now we have had on the grounds that Frost." The advent is via Scott's buddy Merle Armitage, who additionally designed the unique version of this book.
Read or Download a dirty hand: The Literary Notebooks of Winfield Townley Scott PDF
Similar asian american literature books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2009 im Fachbereich Amerikanistik - Literatur, notice: 1,3, Universität Mannheim, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Ausgezeichnet mit dem Pulitzer Preis und dem manhattan Drama Critics' Circle Award, zählt David Mamets Glengarry Glen Ross zu den wichtigsten Dramen der amerikanischen Gegenwartsliteratur.
Seminar paper from the yr 1995 within the topic American stories - Literature, grade: first-class, collage of Bamberg (Language and Literature Sciences), path: U. S. ladies Writers of the nineteen. and 20. Century, three entries within the bibliography, language: English, summary: In 1955, Eudora Welty released "The Bride of Innisfallen", a set of 7 tales together with "No position for You, My Love".
Seminar paper from the 12 months 2008 within the topic American stories - tradition and utilized Geography, grade: 2,0, Martin Luther college (Institut für Anglistik und Amerikanistik - Fachbereich American & British Studies), path: Einführung in die USA-Studien: American executive and U. S. Political tradition, 22 entries within the bibliography, language: English, summary: no matter if one regards the approaching presidential elections in 2008 or any congressional electionin the hot earlier, it really is virtually very unlikely to overlook the significance and impact of theorganized curiosity within the political approach of the USA.
This fascinating name from the people on the rest room Readers' Institute comprises the strangest brief heritage articles from over 30 toilet Readersalong with 50 all-new pages. From the twentieth century to the previous West, from the Age of Enlightenment to the darkish a long time, from old cultures the entire as far back as the sunrise of time, unusual historical past is overflowing with mysterious artifacts, macabre legends, kooky innovations, reality-challenged rulers, boneheaded error, and stunning evidence.
Additional resources for a dirty hand: The Literary Notebooks of Winfield Townley Scott
a dirty hand: The Literary Notebooks of Winfield Townley Scott by Winfield Townley Scott,Merle Armitage