By Harold Bloom
Read or Download American Modernist Poets (Bloom's Modern Critical Views) PDF
Similar literary modernism criticism books
First released in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The Phantom of the Ego is the 1st comparative research that exhibits how the modernist account of the subconscious anticipates modern discoveries in regards to the value of mimesis within the formation of subjectivity. instead of starting with Sigmund Freud because the father of modernism, Nidesh Lawtoo starts off with Friedrich Nietzsche’s antimetaphysical diagnostic of the ego, his cognizance that mimetic reflexes—from sympathy to hypnosis, to contagion, to crowd behavior—move the soul, and his insistence that psychology informs philosophical mirrored image.
Irish writing within the modernist period is frequently considered as a principally rural affair, attractive with the town in fleeting, frequently disparaging methods, with Joyce solid as a defiant exception. This booklet exhibits how an city modernist culture, aware of the actual political, social, and cultural stipulations of Dublin, emerged in eire at present.
Bringing jointly Canadian, American, and British students, this quantity explores the connection among modernism and sleek star tradition. In aid of the collection's overriding thesis that smooth famous person and modernism are jointly selecting phenomena, the members tackle a number transatlantic canonical and noncanonical figures, from the anticipated (Virginia Woolf and F.
- The Routledge Introduction to American Modernism (Routledge Introductions to American Literature)
- Global Ibsen: Performing Multiple Modernities (Routledge Advances in Theatre & Performance Studies)
- Literary Impressionism: Vision and Memory in Dorothy Richardson, Ford Madox Ford, H.D. and May Sinclair (Historicizing Modernism)
- Aspects Yellowing Darkly. Ethics, Intuitions, and the European High Modernist Poetry of Suffering and Passage
- James Joyce, Urban Planning and Irish Modernism: Dublins of the Future
- Toward a Modernist Style: John Dos Passos
Extra info for American Modernist Poets (Bloom's Modern Critical Views)
American Modernist Poets (Bloom's Modern Critical Views) by Harold Bloom