By Srdjan M. Bulatovic
- Looks on the theoretical facets of flotation reagents
- Examines the sensible features of utilizing chemical reagents in working plants
- Provides directions for researchers and engineers focused on technique layout and development
By J. W. Martin
Materials technology and engineering is worried with the connection among the homes and constitution of fabrics. during this context "structure" should be outlined at the atomic scale in relation to crystalline fabrics, at the molecular scale (in the case of polymers, for example), or at the microscopic scale. each one of those definitions has been utilized in making the current collection of articles.
* Brings jointly articles from the Encyclopedia of fabrics: technological know-how & Technology that concentrate on the constitution of fabrics on the atomic, molecular and microscopic degrees, plus contemporary updates
* each article has been commissioned and written through an across the world well-known professional and offers a concise assessment of a specific element of the sphere
* broad bibliographies, cross-referencing and indexes consultant the consumer to the main suitable examining within the fundamental literature
By Wiley Editorial Team
By Jürgen Bajorath
Chemoinformatics ideas to enhance drug discovery results
With contributions from major researchers in academia and the pharmaceutical in addition to specialists from the software program undefined, this e-book explains how chemoinformatics complements drug discovery and pharmaceutical learn efforts, describing what works and what does not. robust emphasis is wear confirmed and confirmed sensible purposes, with lots of case reviews detailing the advance and implementation of chemoinformatics the right way to help profitable drug discovery efforts. lots of those case reviews depict groundbreaking collaborations among academia and the pharmaceutical industry.
Chemoinformatics for Drug Discovery is logically geared up, providing readers a fantastic base in equipment and types and advancing to drug discovery functions and the layout of chemoinformatics infrastructures. The publication beneficial properties 15 chapters, including:
- What are our versions particularly telling us? a realistic instructional on heading off universal blunders whilst construction predictive models
- Exploration of structure-activity relationships and move of key parts in lead optimization
- Collaborations among academia and pharma
- Applications of chemoinformatics in pharmaceutical research—experiences at huge foreign pharmaceutical companies
- Lessons realized from 30 years of constructing winning built-in chemoinformatic systems
Throughout the publication, the authors current chemoinformatics concepts and techniques which have been confirmed to paintings in pharmaceutical study, delivering insights culled from their very own investigations. each one bankruptcy is widely referenced with citations to unique study stories and reviews.
Integrating chemistry, desktop technological know-how, and drug discovery, Chemoinformatics for Drug Discovery encapsulates the sphere because it stands this day and opens the door to extra advances.
By Wolfgang A Herrmann,Georg Brauer,W. A. Herrmann,Hans Karsch
By Irvin Glassman,Richard A. Yetter,Nick G. Glumac
Throughout its earlier 4 variations, Combustion has made a truly advanced topic either stress-free and comprehensible to its pupil readers and a excitement for teachers to educate. With its in actual fact articulated actual and chemical techniques of flame combustion and delicate, logical transitions to engineering purposes, this new version maintains that culture. significantly multiplied end-of-chapter challenge units and new parts of combustion engineering purposes make it even more uncomplicated for college students to know the importance of combustion to quite a lot of engineering perform, from transportation to power iteration to environmental impacts.
Combustion engineering is the learn of quick strength and mass move often in the course of the universal actual phenomena of flame oxidation. It covers the physics and chemistry of this strategy and the engineering applications—including energy new release in inner combustion motor vehicle engines and fuel turbine engines. Renewed issues approximately strength potency and gas charges, besides persevered matters over poisonous and particulate emissions, make this a very important zone of engineering.
- New bankruptcy on new combustion options and applied sciences, together with dialogue on nanotechnology as with regards to combustion, in addition to microgravity combustion, microcombustion, and catalytic combustion—all interrelated and mentioned through contemplating scaling matters (e.g., size and time scales)
- New info on sensitivity research of response mechanisms and iteration and alertness of diminished mechanisms
- Expanded assurance of turbulent reactive flows to raised illustrate real-world applications
- Important new sections on stabilization of diffusion flames—for the 1st time, the concept that of triple flames might be brought and mentioned within the context of diffusion flame stabilization
By Mike Smith
Exam Board: OCR
First educating: September 2015
First examination: June 2017
Written through skilled writer Mike Smith, this scholar consultant for Chemistry:
-Identifies the most important content material you must recognize with a concise precis of issues tested within the A-level specifications
-Enables you to degree your knowing with examination advice and information money questions, with solutions on the finish of the guide
-Helps you to enhance your examination strategy with pattern solutions to exam-style questions
-Develops your self sustaining studying talents with content material you should use for additional learn and research.
By Pierre Dixneuf,Victorio Cadierno
anywhere it's used as a solvent. This publication offers a complete evaluation of advancements within the use of water as a solvent for metal
catalysis, illustrating the large power of water in constructing new catalytic differences for fi ne chemical substances and molecular materials
synthesis. a gaggle of overseas specialists disguise crucial metalcatalyzed reactions in water and convey jointly state-of-the-art results
from fresh literature with the first-hand wisdom received by way of the bankruptcy authors. it is a must-have booklet for scientists in academia
and concerned with the fi eld of catalysis, greener natural man made equipment, water soluble ligands and catalyst layout, in addition to for academics and scholars attracted to cutting edge and sustainable chemistry.
By Thomas Engel,Philip Reid
Were you trying to find the ebook with entry to MasteringChemistry? This product is the booklet by myself, and doesn't include entry to MasteringChemistry. purchase the e-book and entry card package deal to save cash in this resource.
Engel and Reid’s Physical Chemistry offers scholars a latest and actual evaluation of actual chemistry whereas targeting easy ideas that unite the sub-disciplines of the sphere. The Third Edition keeps to stress basic ideas and provides state of the art learn advancements that exhibit the vibrancy of actual chemistry today.
By Eugen Illenberger,Jacques Momigny