By V. Sotirova
Read or Download Consciousness in Modernist Fiction: A Stylistic Study PDF
Best literary modernism criticism books
First released in 1998. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
The Phantom of the Ego is the 1st comparative learn that exhibits how the modernist account of the subconscious anticipates modern discoveries concerning the significance of mimesis within the formation of subjectivity. instead of starting with Sigmund Freud because the father of modernism, Nidesh Lawtoo begins with Friedrich Nietzsche’s antimetaphysical diagnostic of the ego, his recognition that mimetic reflexes—from sympathy to hypnosis, to contagion, to crowd behavior—move the soul, and his insistence that psychology informs philosophical mirrored image.
Irish writing within the modernist period is frequently considered as a mostly rural affair, enticing with the town in fleeting, usually disparaging methods, with Joyce forged as a defiant exception. This publication exhibits how an city modernist culture, attentive to the actual political, social, and cultural stipulations of Dublin, emerged in eire at the present.
Bringing jointly Canadian, American, and British students, this quantity explores the connection among modernism and glossy big name tradition. In help of the collection's overriding thesis that glossy big name and modernism are at the same time selecting phenomena, the participants tackle a number of transatlantic canonical and noncanonical figures, from the anticipated (Virginia Woolf and F.
- Making Noise, Making News: Suffrage Print Culture and U.S. Modernism (Oxford Studies in American Literary History)
- Modernist Nowheres: Politics and Utopia in Early Modernist Writing, 1900-1920
- Modernism and the Women’s Popular Romance in Britain, 1885-1925
- George Oppen and the Fate of Modernism
- American Puppet Modernism: Essays on the Material World in Performance (Palgrave Studies in Theatre and Performance History)
Additional resources for Consciousness in Modernist Fiction: A Stylistic Study
Consciousness in Modernist Fiction: A Stylistic Study by V. Sotirova